Sir Ben Kingsley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Ben Kingsley

An unofficial forum on a great actor.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodrayne (2005)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:32 pm

In the Eighteenth Century, Rayne is the half-human half-vampire Dhampir and the lead attraction in a carnival's freak-show in Romania. When she escapes, she meets a fortuneteller that tells that her mother was raped by the king of the vampires Kagan and she decides to destroy her father. In her journey for revenge, she meets Vladimir and Sebastian, the leaders of the fortress of vampire hunters Brimstone, and she joins their society. She seeks for powerful talismans to defeat Kagan, while the skilled warriors Vladimir and Sebastian train her to face the forces of Kagan and her human side falls in love with Sebastian.

Kingsley's character: Kagan.

Bloodrayne (2005) Filmlm_html_m6a0dd080

In 2007, Bloodrayne recieved 6 nominations at the Razzie Awards, including Worst Actress, Worst Director, and Worst Supporting Actor for Sir Ben.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : HTML Error)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:46 pm

I have to admit, I didn't like "Bloodrayne" very much. Maybe it's because I'd seen "Van Helsing" first? Question In any case, for me, Kingsley was way above the other actors and it really stood out, even though he wasn't in it that much.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
Brit

Brit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 pm

I agree - and getting the awards for supposedly being a 'bad' film earned it more publicity Smile
http://www.bloodrayne-themovie.com/main/index.html
Impressive website - where can I get such a waistcoat?
Back to top Go down
fruhling

fruhling

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

The castle in the film where Kagan lived was in a cookery program here once. It's very impressive. I haven't actually seen the film though.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:13 pm

I didn't like it. I think there were a number of problems for me, namely the fact that the story got kind of lost half way. And the actors weren't all that good. I thought that Sir Ben outshone them all, even though he wasn't in it that much. I don't say that because I'm a fan, but he's a better actor so his screen presence was better. Plus, I'd already seen Van Helsing and there is just NO comparaison !!! Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfgangpreiss
Sponsored content

Bloodrayne (2005) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrayne (2005)   Bloodrayne (2005) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodrayne (2005)
Page 1 of 1