Sir Ben Kingsley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Ben Kingsley

An unofficial forum on a great actor.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

"Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? Empty
PostSubject: "Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?   "Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:30 pm

I find it really annoying to read that people don't think BK should be addressed as "Sir Ben Kingsley". I mean, if he's been awarded it, it's because he's earned it. I don't know whether or not it's true that he "demanded" to be addressed as Sir on the set of "Oliver Twist". From what I've seen of him, I actually find it hard to believe, and if he did request it then I think the circumstances were quite different from a direct "demand". And then there was the whole thing with "Lucky Number Slevin", because there was apparently the mistake of writing "Sir", on the credits and poster. I don't see what the big deal is. He's not the first actor to be knighted and then credited as "Sir" or "Dame", yet when it happens he gets called pompous. I just don't get it! Mad Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
fruhling

fruhling

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: "Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?   "Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Yes, I agree, it is very strange how people call him pompous. It's almost as if they don't think he really should have been knighted, but they don't say why. And, you're right, he should be allowed to use the title that he's earned.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: "Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?   "Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:19 pm

I read an article on the website of the Daily Mail which was about Sir Ben's different wives (I think it was the same one you got your Angela Morant picture from), and at the end they just kept going on and on about how he likes to be addressed as "Sir", and how he signs his emails "SBK". It annoyed me because it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the article about his wives! It was sort of "we don't know what else to write so we'll write this". And personally, I think if they had more respect for people, they wouldn't have a problem with the "Sir" thing.
Back to top Go down
davsow

davsow

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: "Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?   "Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:34 pm

I think that the big deal is quite simply a lack of respect. People have less respect than they used to, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?   "Sir" Ben Kingsley.  What do you think of the "big deal"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Sir" Ben Kingsley. What do you think of the "big deal"?
Page 1 of 1