Sir Ben Kingsley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Ben Kingsley

An unofficial forum on a great actor.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-08

SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) Empty
PostSubject: SBK Productions and Bollywood   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:52 am

Have you noticed that since he's founded his new and personal production company called SBK Productions, he's doing a lot of Bollywood stuff? Going back to his Indian roots sort of thing? I'm not sure what I think of this move. Don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against Indians or his going back to his roots, but I just don't know what I make of it all. Bollywood is a growing cinema now, isn't it, and some of their films are very good. Is it a good move of his, to be sort of an "ambassador" for them?
Back to top Go down
fruhling

fruhling

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:20 pm

Well, I don't know what I think as yet. I suppose we will have to wait and see what the films are like. By the way, it is "SBK Pictures", not "Productions" Razz . "You Kill Me" was also attached to the company.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:54 pm

fruhling wrote:
By the way, it is "SBK Pictures", not "Productions" Razz .

So it is! Sorry about that! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Some forum members have told me that they could no longer find/access SBK's official website. So, here is the address of the new one, which is also that of his Film Company, SBK Pictures:

http://www.sbk-pictures.com
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
Brit

Brit

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:50 pm

At last - it's been a while coming! flower
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

So it has. But I think they could do more with it. I mean, OK, it's a site for both Sir Ben Kingsley and SBK Pictures, but it also contains a biography and such. There are fan sites with more info on him and his work than his own site! Even this forum is more detailed. When a person is so famous and has done so much work, they should have a site which does them justice. Take Celine Dion for example, look at her website, it's a great site for fans to surf on. You don't have to like her to see that it's better made than the SBK Pictures site! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
davsow

davsow

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Hmmm. I'm not sure! The site is for his film company, so it is normal that it should be mainly about SBK Pictures. But I agree that it would be nice if it included a bit more about the man who created the company. Or maybe they could create a link to an external site or something.

As for his Bollywood work, which Paul mentionned in his post at the top of the page, it's a section of cinema that is getting bigger, and he is a good ambassador for them. It is normal that he should want to "help" them, as he is of Indian descent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)   SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBK Pictures (Official Website et al.)
Page 1 of 1