Sir Ben Kingsley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Ben Kingsley

An unofficial forum on a great actor.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Seven Wonders of The World

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fruhling

fruhling

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-29

New Seven Wonders of The World Empty
PostSubject: New Seven Wonders of The World   New Seven Wonders of The World I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:56 pm

I was wondering what you all thought of Sir Ben's part in the New Seven Wonders of The World Gala in Lisbon last year, or even of the ceremony itself. Personally I didn't think he did a good job of a presenter, as for example, he at one point held the microphone for one of his fellow presenters as they opened an enveloppe and he actually said "I'll hold your mic", and it just sounded so weird to actually say it. As for the ceremony, I really don't know what it hoped to achieve, because no matter how you announce which the new 7 wonders are, people will always remember the old ones. PLUS, the Gala itself was held on 07/07/2007 - the same day as the Live Earth shows. The result being that hardly anyone knew it was happening...

http://www.new7wonders.com/classic/en/n7w/lisbon_070707/
Back to top Go down
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: New Seven Wonders of The World   New Seven Wonders of The World I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Yes, I agree about the ceremony not achieving anything concrete. I mean, what do the winners get? A plaque to be put on the monument? As you say, we'll all remember the old ones anyway.

As for the "collision" with Live Earth, you're completely right. I think most people were more aware of the music shows than this ceremony, even if they didn't feel concerned by environment issues.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: New Seven Wonders of The World   New Seven Wonders of The World I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:48 am

I don't even recall it being broadcast on the TV. I saw a report on the news and that was all.
Back to top Go down
davsow

davsow

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New Seven Wonders of The World   New Seven Wonders of The World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 pm

I saw a bit of it on TV. I don't rate him as a presenter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Seven Wonders of The World   New Seven Wonders of The World I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Seven Wonders of The World
Page 1 of 1