Sir Ben Kingsley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Ben Kingsley

An unofficial forum on a great actor.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sir Ben portrayed by me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The-Dark-Lady

The-Dark-Lady

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Sir Ben portrayed by me Empty
PostSubject: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:17 am

Being an artist (or sort of), I did a few portraits of Sir Ben some time ago. I'd like to share them here.

Here's the first one (click to enlarge):

Sir Ben portrayed by me Sir_be14
Sir Ben Kingsley as Fagin. I've done this one shortly after watching the movie "Oliver Twist", as I was so amazed by the character. Very Happy The media were pencils, coloured pencils, pastels and everything that was there. Smile

Sir Ben portrayed by me Sir_be15
Sir Ben in "House of sand and fog". I've done this pencil drawing of him more than two years ago. I'd probably do it better by now.
Back to top Go down
http://photo.net/photos/beatafischer
Fagin
Admin
Admin
Fagin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:36 pm

: Shocked WOW! Those are really excellent! The most ambitious drawings I can do aside from stickmen are houses, Christmas presents and Christmas trees lol!

I'm glad you drew him as Fagin, 'cause that's one of his best roles for me.

How long does it take you to sketch like that?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sbkforum
The-Dark-Lady

The-Dark-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:59 am

Thank you very much! I'm really happy you like my drawings, because lately I wasn't even sure if I like them myself. Suspect
And well, after seeing Polanski's "Oliver Twist" for the first time, I was really impressed with Fagin, it's also one of my favourite characters of Sir Ben. Smile

Admin wrote:
How long does it take you to sketch like that?
Well, it was some time ago and I guess it took me more or less 5 to 6 hours. Nowadays I could do it in about 4 hours, but it doesn't matter anyway. After all, the famous artists in the world's history needed months to create their greatest paintings. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Your sketches are very good. I'm also an artist of sorts, although my work is in watercolours and is mainly scenery.

The-Dark-Lady wrote:

And well, after seeing Polanski's "Oliver Twist" for the first time, I was really impressed with Fagin

Yes, my son was also very impressed with Fagin. He based his History Master's thesis on Sir Ben's portrayal of the character.
Back to top Go down
fruhling

fruhling

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Those drawings are really outstanding. You're very talented. santa
Back to top Go down
The-Dark-Lady

The-Dark-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:02 am

frühling wrote:
Those drawings are really outstanding. You're very talented. santa

Thank you very much! Smile
Back to top Go down
The-Dark-Lady

The-Dark-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:05 am

Paul wrote:
Your sketches are very good. I'm also an artist of sorts, although my work is in watercolours and is mainly scenery.

Thanks. Smile
I'd very much like to see your works. Is there any website, where you post your paintings?
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Unfortunately no. I have some in frames and others I keep together in a special booklet. I can scan some for you if you want to see them.
Back to top Go down
The-Dark-Lady

The-Dark-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Paul wrote:
I can scan some for you if you want to see them.
I'd love to. That would be very nice of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
davsow

davsow

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Amazing! Do you draw from memory or do you have a picture in front of you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Ben portrayed by me   Sir Ben portrayed by me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Ben portrayed by me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sir Ben Kingsley :: Fan Stuff :: Fan Art-
Jump to: